Sunday, June 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Mina

Yazmin at 3 months and me at 3 years 9 months

When I was three, my mother broke the news to me . . . I was going to have a baby sister. I've always said we have witchy genes in the family, because back in the day you didn't know what the baby was until birth. Yet mom and I always spoke of my baby sister.

On Friday June 10 1983, the final element of my family was born. Yazmin. Also known as, Mina, Goat, Tito, Zilla, Min and I could go on forever writing the nicknames. An adorable baby, taking strongly from my mother's side of the family. Which later became strong basis for sibling rivalry.

Througout the years the differences have become more noticable. Strangely enough, they bring us closer. We have different talents and charms. Over the years, we've learned that we won't have bigger support from the one that comes from us.

My little girl is all grown up

No comments: