Sunday, October 23, 2011

After so long

I always wished for this moment. I imagined it so many times in my head. The perfect words would have been "I've missed you so much" or "Let's just start over".

Ever since I got the news, I imagined how could a casual encounter be plotted. My Sunday was casually planned with a friend. I wanted to go to the Wedding Expo, basically to stock up on vendor cards and check out what's trendy and cool for weddings.

She was late, and I got the urge to change my attire. I was wearing jeans and a Tshirt and changed to slacks and a blouse. The parking lot was crammed, we ended up at the arena. Walking towards the convention center, I was goofing off. Walking in zigzags and mainly being casual. Suddenly my friend says "Hey, that looks like . . . ". I stop, cold turkey and simply say "It is".

Seconds were eternal and I was frozen. He looked like a mess and STILL I had the urge to kiss him and hug him and keep him close. I don't actually remember what I said. I just wanted to either jump in his arms or leave. I chose the latter, as I walked away, my friend turned back and told me he was still looking at the direction we were walking.

I had my stupid grin all day long. Even my body reacted in the worst way possible. The dragon has arrived. Now all I do, is actually think of you.

Have you thought of me this week?

No comments: