Sunday, May 20, 2007

Customer Service Skills

I've been in the customer service business for a couple of years now. I've learned a couple of things. Specially that everything you say can and will be used against you.

So I go to this movie theater that makes killer crepes and frappe. I order my usual strawberry and cream cheese crepe with my mocha. Everything seems fine. I pay up and wait.

Suddenly, I hear someone call out that a Caramel Mocha was ready. I ordered a simple mocha. I told the barista that I didn't want it. They guy at the register should have told me that they only had that kind of mocha. After a team huddle, they decided to give me back my money.

As someone in customer service, I think that was the best descicion they made. It's better to keep a good image and cut potential bad customers.

Sometimes, it feels good to be on the other side.

No comments: