Sunday, February 11, 2007

Five years later

Lex, Midget and Marco at Midget's birthday party.

When Lex told me she was pregnant, I was shocked. I wasn't expecting that kind of news. I tried to convince her about the benefits of being a single mom. Specially because she was having a rocky relationship at the moment with her boyfriend.

One day, she called my up and simply let it out. She was getting married and I was to be witness. I was more than shocked, but I couldn't let her down. I got changed and headed over to her place.

The bride was wearing denim and sneakers and the groom was wearing sweatpants. It was a day to remember. The wedding meal was a bucket of KFC. After that we went to school. It was a regular day.

Five years have gone by since that event. I've seen her struggle. I've seen her happy. I've seen her cry. I've seen her upset. But if there's one thing I admire about her is that she firmly believes in her relationship. No matter what anyone else thinks or says.

I just hope I get to 5 years with someone.

No comments: