Friday, August 10, 2007

I found you my love!

Me sipping my Mudslide


Long ago, my brother Ian and I said that we preferred sweet drinks to neutralize the evil within. I have two favorite drinks, piña colada and mudslide. In Mexico, it's easy to come across a piña colada. It's the most comon flavor.

Then there's the mudslide, a chocoholic favorite. The first time I knew about it, it was while I was preparing a class on chocolate flavored drinks. The first time I tried it, it was at TGIFriday's. It was love at first taste.

Friday's closed at Monterrey about 5 years ago. I remember the last time we went because Wilde and I were gonna take Lex. She was close to having Midget. Midget is gonna be 5 in a few days.

Today, Sara, Betty and I went to Starbucks San Agustin's Friends and Family. We were there to cheer on Eddie. Once the whole thing was over, we said our good byes and went to dinner. Sara and I ended up at Applebee's. Betty couldn't make it and Super Salads was packed.

Once we got seated, the host opened the beverages menu. There it was. Love at second sight. A beautiful cup filled with a mudslide. I had to have it. The largest one they had. After the cup was delivered to my table, I simply grabbed it and started sipping.

So close and I didn't know where to find you

No comments: