Sunday, April 22, 2007

Priorities

Go getter. Acomplishment oriented. Always get what I want. Some say I'm spoiled because of that. Other's think I have a cocky attitude. The final word is that everything I set my eyes on, I have; doesn't matter if its material, spiritual or another human being.

Out of all of my friends, I'm still single. I don't have any children. I don't have a dependent boyfriend or husband. Don't depend economically of my parents to buy me the things I want. They support me, but I end up paying back every dime they lend me.

Suddenly the last couple of months I've been getting the same question. "When are you gonna stop working and settle down?"That's a good question, thank you for asking. The ones that ask, are the ones that have already tied themselves down to a guy and to a couple of kids and in-laws.

Sure, I want to get married, have kids and live happily ever after. There are a couple of things I need to finish before I tie myself down to a commitment that huge. My parents raised me to think that I need to have a solid career under my arm. I've worked for 7 years and am about to start my master's degree. I'm not looking for Mr. Right Now, I'm looking for Mr. The Rest of My Life. I'm not into dating just to say I'm involved with someone.

I promised myself this year that I would start my master's and get a boyfriend and have my baby in three years. Just around the time I finish the master's. This gives me enough time to get fit, have a steady relationship and finish growing professionally.

I just need a guy that understands my priorities, since my friends don't.

No comments: