Monday, December 04, 2006

The date

The idea of dinner and a movie sounds too cliche. It could pass as the typical teenage first date. At the age of 26 it meant spending time with a friend. Who I happen to have a crush on. I'm a big flirt. I will never deny it. Usually it gets me into trouble. Thing is, he is also a big flirt.

Even though I adore him with all my heart, I can't bear the thought of losing him. I've lost too many friends through flirting and flings. I've even lost the love of my life. I guess I did, it's been too long without word from him. Yet my stubborn heart still has hope.

Throughout the week we planned the date. The movies we would watch and what would we do. My personal demon: my outfit. I didn't want something too revealing, but I didn't want to look like a boy. I needed to look confidently decent. By Friday, I had chosen a black turtleneck and dark blue jeans. My hair was straight and minimal make-up.

I meet him. He looks completely sin worthy. I would have jumped on him. Instead we did small talk. It was the first time that we had enough time to get to really know each other. We went for dinner at my favorite Chinese restaurant. Acording to him I barely ate.

We went to his place. He showed me his comic book collectio, amoung other things. Then we went to the bedroom to watch the movies. He chose Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We laughed at the Oompa Loompas. Once it was over, he chose LXG. I knew that movie would mean trouble. Specially because of Dorian and Mina.

We had to interrupt the movie, because I had to leave. My sleepover friends were complaining about me being late. He drove me over to Kim's house. He took his sweet time to get there. We even got lost. When we made it to Kim's, I kissed him good night and walked away.

It was very hard to resist the temptation of making out with him or worse sleeping with him. I wouldn't mind. He's drop dead cute. I simply wouldn't like things to get akward between us. Or worse, we could simply avoid each other. That would completely blow it. There goes another friendship.

Yes, I deserve a medal for resisting temptation.

No comments: