Saturday, May 27, 2006

My precious

Every family has some kind of heirloom. My mother's family has a ring. I have no clue how much it's worth, but I know it's been in the family for a while and has caused certain quarrels. My grandmother gave it to my mother, my mother gave it to me. Yes, to the one that looks the least like the family. I resemble my dad's mother, some even say I'm cloned

I was to recieve this ring after I graduated. Unfortunately, an exboyfriend had lost a ring my sister had given me and mother decided I would not recieve it. Last year, before I went on vacation. My mother asked for my hand and placed the ring on my finger.

It's a beautiful amethyst colored stone. They say its a diamond, I actually don't care. It's mine and yesterday I had thought I'd lost it. Fortunately I found it in my backpack.

No comments: