Saturday, September 23, 2006

Devil wears Prada

The details of your incompetence do not interest me.
-Miranda Priestly

Bosses from hell. That's the most common complaint I've heard and I've possibly used. Today I went to the movies with Lizh. I was eager to watch this film. After all, I want to be as evil as Meryl Streep and if I can score her style, even better.

I remembered 2 of my bosses: Irma and Iliana. No, I'm not saying they are like the Devil; yet they have strong characters and expect nothing but excellence from the people that work with them.

I learned to do things the way they expected them to be done: perfect and before request. It comes to a point in which they push you a bit harder to see if you can pull through and are completely suprised to realize you do. Suddenly you find them training and preparing you to be their succesor.

Unfortunately, I also became like that. I expect nothing but the best from the people that work with me. Could it be that I was properly trained or I'm simply picky.

Iliana and Irma, I owe you my career and my professional ethics. Thank you for being my Mirandas. I would not be what I am today if it hadn't been for your advice, support and for making me go the extra mile.

No comments: